Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day 9 - Working My Way Back to You Babe

Steamboat Spring, CO to Santa Fe, NM - 398 miles
September 14, 2013

Slept in a little this morning.  Woke up early, but refused to get out of bed at that time so managed an extra hour or so of sleep.  On the road by 8:30am, though, once again geared up for the rain.  That works, didn't get any until a couple of little sprinkles late this afternoon in New Mexico.

The bad news is I guess I didn't get the smudge off my small camera lens because most of the pictures I took stunk.  The below have the defect but it's somewhat mitigated by the scene.  The topography is really changing.  I'm going from the lush green of a very wet Colorado, to the brown and tan of a wet New Mexico.




























Arrived in Santa Fe, one of my favorite cities in the world, about 5:30pm, got a room and, after my road shower, immediately pulled out for dinner at the Tune Up Cafe, one of the Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives locations programmed into my GPS.  I'd grabbed a bowl of chilli and piece of pie rather late in the afternoon so wasn't very hungry.  I got a Buffalo Hamburger with hand-cut fries.  All were excellent, but, after all, it's not Tavern On The Green, it's a diner, for crying out loud.  But the food was of great quality.

Tomorrow morning, breakfast at the Tecolote Cafe, another of D,D, & D's places here.  They specialize in breakfasts.  I find it difficult to believe they don't have chilli and eggs, my favorite bar none.  I'll suggest it while I'm there.  I'm leaning toward Chili Rellenos and Eggs.  I'll let you know...but I'm pretty sure this will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment